” The test of first rate of intelligence is the ability to hold to opposite idea in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to fuction” – F.Scott Fitzgarald
Research on the brains has demonstrated that two different sides of the brain (“hemisphere”) are responsible for different mode of thinking. Both of these mode of thinking are required for uncovering the effective solution of the problem.
While most individual have a preference for one style and another, the real key is build the capacity for whole brain thinking in the organisation, where people are comfortable in one style or another, depending on the need of the situation. Building this capability is a key part of the innovative organisation.
Complex Questions: what is mind? Brain? Thinking?
From Wikipedia : Mind refers to the collective aspects of intellect and consciousness which are manifest in some combination of thought, perception, emotion, will and imagination.
The human brain is the most complex organ in the body. It controls the central nervous system (CNS), by way of the cranial nerves and spinal cord, the peripheral nervous system (PNS) and regulates virtually all human activity.Involuntary, or “lower,” actions, such as heart rate, respiration, and digestion, are unconsciously governed by the brain,specifically through the autonomic nervous system. Complex, or “higher,” mental activity, such as thought, reason, and abstraction, is consciously controlled.
The human brain is vast and complex. It contains some one hundred billion neurons, which are capable of electrical and chemical communication with tens of thousands of other nerve cells. Nerve cells in turn rely on some quadrillion synaptic connections for their communications.
Thought or thinking is a mental process which allows beings to model the world, and so to deal with it effectively according to their goals, plans, ends and desires. Words referring to similar concepts and processes include cognition, sentience, consciousness, idea, and imagination. Thinking involves the deeply cereberal manipulation of information, as when we form concepts, engage in problem solving, reason and make decisions. Thinking is a higher cognitive function and the analysis of thinking processes is part of cognitive psychology.
The following table illustrates the differences between left-brain and right-brain thinking:
|Left Brain Thinking||Right Brain Thinking|
Looks at parts
Looks at wholes
from above table & picture , we can check & analysis about our thinking pattern. Where need more focus according to environment, conditions & requirement?
Kindly read Left Vs. Right: Which Side Are You On? At brain.web-us.com which describe following processing of Brain.
- Linear Vs. Holistic Processing
- Logical Vs. Intuitive
- Sequential Vs. Random Processing
- Verbal Vs. Nonverbal Processing
- Symbolic Vs. Concrete Processing
- Reality-Based Vs. Fantasy-Oriented Processing
Definately , Sometime we need left brain thinking & some time right brain thinking and some times both thinking simultaneously for solution of complex problems.
~AJAY SINGH NIRANJAN
Support the Mission:Great Human Capital ********************************************** Effective Artciles which align to above article. Kindly link and share your expereince.
- A Journey to Yoga-meditation: A balance path (a win-win solution)
- Vipassana Meditation-a logical process of mental purification through self-observation
- What is Understanding?
- Thinking Like a Genius
- Understanding the Power of Now
- Innovation Means Relying on Everyone’s Creativity
- Why “Blink” Matters: The Power of First Impressions
- Vipassana – a Meditation Technique of Gautama Buddha
- DISCOVER YOUR CREATIVE [MIND= Conscious, Subconscious & Superconscious Mind]….
- Exploring And Discovering The Power Of The Human Mind
- Know thyself – Understand yourself –True Being, Pure Consciousness and Bliss
- The Questioning Mind: Newton, Darwin, & Einstein
- The Seven Fundamental Guiding Laws
- Fulfilling Your Dreams with the Seven Spiritual Laws of Success
- The Big 10 Innovation Killers
- A Visionary Teacher for Youth- My Hearty Prayer
||||||Effective Quotations by Great Thinker||||||