In the organisation or system ………Failure of good strategy & plans…
Where is the center of gravity?
Focus: The great execution gap.
What is the definition of leadership in context of execution?
What are execution competencies? Kindly read this nice article written by M.R. Chandramowly at deccaherald.com
Some insight from this article:
Execution leaders are in regular touch with the day-to-day realities of business and people. Being present in the “power of now”, the personal connections build intuitive feel for leadership and followers.
They live in reality and do not shade it to make a good appearance. Embracing reality is about keeping the view of global trends and measuring your own progress, not internally but externally.
Execution leaders set clear goals and priorities. The logic of business thinking is to focus on three or four clear priorities. A leader who has 10 priorities does not know himself what the most important things are. Execution Leader aligns few clear goals across the organisation and simplifies things so that others can understand, evaluate and act on them.
One of the concerns in widespread business is lack of perseverance and ability to follow through.
Reward the doers. People produce specific results if they are rewarded accordingly. Rewards include monetary value and beyond
The sixth execution competency is to expand people’s capabilities through coaching.
The last execution competency, which is the basis for all the six to stand on is self-awareness. Leading a business requires strong character, emotional fortitude and awareness of strengths and weaknesses especially in dealing with other people, and the ability to build on the strengths and correct the weaknesses.
Similarly the other execution behaviours can be identified with leadership competencies: Insist on realism, set clear goals and priorities – results driven, follow through – perseverance, reward the doers – motivating and inspiring, expand people capabilities – developing self and others, know yourself – self-knowledge.***********************************************
Effective Artciles which align to above article. Kindly link and share your expereince.
- From Idea to Execution
- Strategy Execution: Leadership to Align Your People to the Strategy
- Management Challenges for the 21st Centuryby Peter F. Drucker – A Review
- Peter Drucker On Leadership
- Level 5 Leadership: The Triumph of Humility and Fierce Resolve
- Jack Welch Leadership Principles
- Learning from INDIA vs. Learning from West-Narayan Murthy
- 11 Lessons on Change Management: Azim Premji
- Understanding the Power of Now
- What is Understanding?
- A Journey to Yoga-meditation: A balance path (a win-win solution)
- The Future of Management-world’s most influential business thinkers alive
- YES : Indian Style of Management -Theory ‘i’ Management
- Learning from Management Guru-Prahalad to Yoga Guru-Ramdev
- Spiritual Intelligence & Leadership
- Buddha as a Leader
- DISCOVER YOUR CREATIVE [MIND= Conscious, Subconscious & Superconscious Mind]….
- Exploring And Discovering The Power Of The Human Mind
- Know thyself – Understand yourself –True Being, Pure Consciousness and Bliss
~Ajay Singh Niranjan ~