The missing link of our system: Execution of Good plans at bottom of the pyramid.
Where should be focal of attention?
What is our approach for getting end result at right time?
Lot of intellectual energies diffuses into various directions due to misalignment of sub systems.
Kindly visit this nice article on Strategy Execution: Leadership to Align Your People to the Strategy at www.millian.nl.
Some insight from this nice artcile :“Strategy Execution” is critical, yet it is easier said than doneLarry Bossidy and Ram Charan, in their book Execution: The Discipline of Getting Things Done strongly support strategy execution as a critical leadership role, making three clear statements:
- Execution is a discipline, and integral to strategy.
- Execution is the major job of the business leader.
- Execution must be a core element of an organization’s culture
However, “Strategy Execution” appears to be a real challenge: The difficulties with “Strategy Execution”Professor Lawrence G. Hrebiniak, Wharton Business School, recently identified the following issues. All four of the problems mentioned below are people-related issues:
- Managers are trained to plan, not execute.
- Some top executives do not see themselves as responsible for implementation of the strategies they formulate.
- Strategy execution happens over a much longer time frame than strategy formulation.
- Strategy implementation involves more people than strategy formulation.