Action Plan for the upliftment of Rural & Urban INDIA
In order to achieve Employment Generation, +10% GDP Growth per year, Reduction of Poverty and making Indian Enterprises World Class in terms of Quality & Cost
By the use of Education & Training – Focus on LITERACY, ESD & VET
A. 100% Primary Functional – Literacy. Learn to read & write in 40 to 60 hours or in 2 to 3 months, for ages 8 to 80 years! Nearly 350 to 500 million people are illiterate!
Enterprise Skills Development – ESD. ESD for Class 1st to Class 12th students & higher. Only 1 to 2 hours required per week. Teaches the youth about enterprises & how the real world funtions! In India the dropout rate betwen Class 1st and Class 12th is 94%.
C. Vocation Education & Training – VET. VET for youth of ages 14 to 35 years & higher. Choice of nearly 1200 modules, in 25 different business fields. In developed & developing countries nearly 90% to 95% of the youth opt for VET. If India trains 3% to 5% of the population in VET, like in other developed and developing countries, it would mean nearly 30 to 50 million trained & skilled people per year. Engineers, Doctors & MBA’s require world class supporting staff & manpower.We are not discussing’Higher Education’ since all the present focus in India is only on Higher Education!
- The above is a simple diagramatic representation for understanding the employment & unemployment figures.
- 29 million people are born every year, average of the last ten years, 10 million die every year. While the population increase is only 19 million per year, education and other forms of human development need to be planned for the full 29 million, who enter the main stream of the economy every year!
- The above is based on the assumption that all the youth should enter the educational system, at different levels, each year.
- The death rate has not been adjusted in the figure of 29 million per year, as it is not relevant
- Cumulative unemployment 300mn (estimate)
- The present emphasis is on higher education, which hardly benefits 7% of the emploment sector. We need to strengthen the P&SE, ESD and VET sectors to benefit the 93% of employment.
(Estimates based on studies conducted by Development Education International Society, Pune & i Watch,
Kindly write for more information & details
Ajay Singh Niranjan ( firstname.lastname@example.org)
i watch www.wakeupcall.org Education 1st
551, 2nd Floor , Mukherji Nagar, Delhi -110009