Innovation needs opportunities and India has a range of opportunities from rural to urban India ….a range of expectations …..a range of experience like Diversity is a source of unique Ideas and may be conflicts also. But need a clear understanding about Indian’s strength & weakness , her spiritual and culture heritage and more …
That is why, strategy Guru Gary Hamel (Competition for the Future) is very right …“Top down process achieves unity of purpose, Bottom’s up can achieve diversity, but we need to balance the two so we need deep diagonal slices in the strategy making process”.
10 Reasons why India can innovate– Vijay Govindarajan (Ten Rules of Strategic Innovation)
1. Freedom of speech and willing ness to disagree foster creative solution
2. Very high caliber human capital
3. Diversity in the true sense of the term , the key to stimulate intellectual discourse
4. Functioning capital market and venture capital sector to fund new Ideas.
5. Young population is more rebellious and wants to challenge the rules of the game
6. Entry of global competitors into Indian threaten the status qua.
7. Lack of legacy technologies, which offer leapfrogging possibilities.
8. Unique market structure, customer needs & affordability.
9. Excellent Institute infrastructure such as MBA programmes . legal framework, market research firm,etc.
10. Stress on Science & Technology education.